There are rules. First, I am asked to tell you eleven random facts about myself. Second, I answer the eleven questions sent to me by Rachel Amphlett, who nominated me, who had been nominated by Clive Eaton. Third, I nominate up to eleven author/bloggers and fourth, I give each of you eleven questions to answer. It's not as bad as it sounds.
First, Here Are The Eleven Random Things About Myself
1) I didn't start writing seriously until I was 50 yrs old
2) I've been married 38 yrs (to the same woman)
3) I actually like fruit cake
4) Self-employed since 2000 (Environmental geologist and surveyor)
5) I collect vintage 3D posters, viewmasters and stereoscopes. Not so much for movies. However, Avatar wasn't too bad. I collect old reel movies too, 8-16 mm. Sad, huh.
6) My favorite time of day is in the morning when I go to the cafe with my spiral notebook to write.
7) I also collect sports memorabilia, much of it KC. Don't say it!
8) I like browsing antique malls. (See item 5)
9) Nothing like a good farm auction.
10) Re-furbishing '63 T-bird.
11) I'm only allowed to bring anchovy pizza into the house once a year on my birthday.
Answers To Rachel's Questions
1) Favorite album cover and why. The first one that comes to mind is a vinyl from the 70's. Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young. It had a cover with texture like a bible.
2) If you could travel back in time and be in your favorite movie, which movie and which character. Indiana Jones in Raiders of the Lost Ark and of course I would be Indiana, the person, not the dog. You have to be a fan to get that.
3) If you can interview any person of your choice, who and what would be the first question. I would ask Moe if he knew he could put someone's eye out with those two fingers.
4) Speaking to a group of 12-yr olds about writing. What advice aren't you going to give. Remember to always outline before starting to write.
5) Worst joke. Two Eskimos are in a kayak fishing, They get cold and make a fire. The boat sinks. Moral: You can't have a kayak and heat it too. (I read this somewhere on twitter last week)
6) Relaxing or action holiday and where. Definetly relaxing on a sandy beach anywhere it is warm.
7) If given the chance to go back to your school days, what would you do differently. Maybe try harder in school. Not!
8) House is burning. Which book do you save and why. Photo album with all it's memories.
9) Superhero or villain. Who and why. Not sure about this one. Most good guys get the girl, don't they?
10) Animal, vegetable or mineral. Not sure what I'm suppose to do with this one. I think I'm getting a headache.
11) What instrument would you like to play and why. The tamborine. It's got to be the easiest to fake.
Now My Questions For You
1) How old were you when you had your first romantic kiss?
2) What would it take for you to think of yourself as a successful writer?
3) What is your favorite holiday and why?
4) What was your first car?
5) What was the first movie you saw at the theater?
6) Who influenced you most growing up, other than a parent? How?
7) What is your favorite place in the continental U.S.?
8) Milk chocolate or dark chocolate?
9) How often do you take your significant other on a date? Planned or spontaneous?
10) Do you watch cartoons when you're all alone? Despicable Me counts.
11) Are you still on track with your New Year's resolutions?
The following individuals are now tagged/nominated. Have fun with this.
1) Eric Thomasma @seams16 : http://www.ericbt.webs.com
2) Dan Moore @DanMooreAuthor : http://www.danmoore.com
3) Wayne Zurl @waynezurl : http://www.waynezurlbooks.net
4) C.L. Withers @CLWithers1 : http://www.clwithers.com
5) George Wier @BillTravisWrite : http://www.billtravismysteries.com
6) Dennis Burns @DennisJBurns : http://www.burnsclanmedia.com
7) Chris Petersen @ChrisPetersenTX : http://www.christopherdavidpetersen.wordpress.com
Please check out Rachel's site and blog at http://www.rachelamphlett.com.